CONTEST (OR “PROMOTION”) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND/OR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
1. ELECTRONIC/SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER: This Promotion is being administered by Sponsor(s), among other means, via selected electronic and Social Media channels including email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (the “Channels”) However, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Channels. As such, please direct any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Promotion to the Sponsor(s). You understand that you are providing your information to OCCU and agencies acting on their behalf with regard to this Promotion, and not to the Channels.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. PDT on May 30, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on August 31, 2018.
3. TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, enter online via MyOCCU.org/home-equity-stories or MyOCCU.org/personal/home-equity. Limited to five (5) entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. All Entries submitted from any person/email address/unique user ID submitting Entries in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except for employees of the Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); individuals engaged in the development, production, printing, or distribution of Promotion materials; and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNERS: Sponsor(s) will select the winner on September 4, 2018. Announcement of the winner will be made no later than September 14, 2018. Winner will be notified via phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsors’ inability to contact a winner within a reasonable time period, or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Odds of winning depend upon number of Eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZE(S): One (1) entrant chosen by the Sponsor(s) will win the following prize package valued at $1,000:
- A $1,000 credit will be applied to an existing OCCU Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC).
ADDITIONAL PRIZE DETAILS: If selected winner does not have an open OCCU HELOC, winner will receive a $1,000 credit to be applied upon opening, as long as the winner meets OCCU’s credit qualifications and the HELOC is opened on or before December 31, 2018. Credit will be automatically applied to the winner’s HELOC account. All federal, state and local taxes arising out of winning are the responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 for the value of the prize as stated in these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value. No substitutions or transfers of prize(s) are permitted by the winner(s), except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: All winners consent to the use of their entry, names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical and contact information for publicity or advertising and for future Sponsors-related product solicitation purposes without further compensation, consent, or notice where permitted by law and selected winners will be required to sign a General Release. All entrants release Sponsors, Channels, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Promotion and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this Promotion.
Sponsors and their agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic entries or winning entrance communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Promotion.
8. GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail or email or other communications, or for any error in the printing or interpretation of the offer, the administration of the Promotion, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes. In no event will Sponsors be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 6. No cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Promotion, in its entirety or in part, should tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsors’ representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. WINNERS’ LIST AND OFFICAL SPONSORS ADDRESS: For the names of the winners, available after September 15, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to OCCU’s “HELOC STORIES” Contest, P.O. Box 77002 Springfield, OR 97475-0146. Requests must be received by October 31, 2018.