Helping the littles in your life to thrive is about creating a strong foundation for their future. By taking the simple step of helping the kids in your life set up a savings, they can get firsthand experience of the value of money and how saving today can lead to a better tomorrow.
Celebrate Youth Savings Month
In honor of Youth Savings Month, OCCU is hosting a coloring contest for kids aged 0-12. The contest will run from April 15 to April 26, and three winners will receive $50 in their OCCU Youth Savings Accounts.* To enter simply:
- Download and print the coloring sheet below, or pick one up in your local branch.
- Let your child's imagination run wild.
- Submit a photo of the coloring sheet on Twitter, Instagram or OCCU's Facebook page using #OCCULuckyDuck or come into a branch to drop off the coloring sheet.
- Make sure the name and contact information is visible on the back of the coloring sheet if you enter in the branch.
Vote for your favorite photos on our Facebook page at the end of April and beginning of May. Winners will be announced by Friday, May 10, 2019.Download the coloring sheet
The Lucky Duck savings program
Our Lucky Duck savings program is built to help our members 12 years old and younger set savings goals and watch their money grow.
Join the program.
For every $10 deposit made, members will earn one Lucky Duck Buck to purchase prizes in any of our branches.
Watch their savings skills grow.
Once our members age out of the Lucky Duck savings accounts, the account remains the same, just without the Lucky Duck Bucks. It might be a great time to consider a checking account or other savings opportunities and accounts.
Opening a youth savings account
No matter what age, bringing the kids with you to open a primary savings account is an easy way to get them excited about taking ownership of their money.
- A $5 minimum balance must be maintained to secure membership.
- We charge no monthly fees.
- Interest is compounded and credited monthly.