- Higher dividend rates
- No risk to principal deposit
- Funds are insured
- Earn more interest on your savings than with regular savings accounts.
- Peace of mind knowing your initial deposit is protected. So is your interest, as long as you leave the funds in for the full term.
- Your savings are insured by the NCUA, which is backed by the U.S. government.
Regular Certificate Accounts
With OCCU's Regular Certificate Accounts, you can choose how long your savings will be earning higher interest. Terms can be as short as six months or as long as five years, when you invest at least $500.*
Jumbo Certificate Accounts
If you’re a serious saver with at least $100,000 to invest, you can earn even higher interest with our Jumbo Certificate Accounts.*
|If the term is between||The rate will be|
|6–11 months||6 month CD rate|
|12–17 months||12 month CD rate|
|18–23 months||18 month CD rate|
|24–35 months||24 month CD rate|
|36–47 months||36 month CD rate|
|48–59 months||48 month CD rate|
|60 months||60 month CD rate|
A Bump Up Certificate works just like a regular certificate, with three main differences:
- The Bump Up Certificate is offered only in 24- and 48-month terms.
- If certificate rates increase during the term of your Bump Up Certificate (outside of specials or promotional rates), you can elect to have a one-time rate increase applied to your certificate. This lets you take advantage of an increase in rates during the fixed term of your deposit.
- You also have the option to make a one-time additional deposit to your Bump Up Certificate up to the amount of the original principal balance. This allows you to earn more interest than if you opened a new certificate account. For example, if you open a Bump Up Certificate for $10,000, you may make one additional deposit of up to $10,000 anytime during the term.
“I have a bunch of accounts there, things like savings…and CDs, which they give really good rates.”Martha Bayless