Smart ways to save for retirement

Looking to build a nice nest egg for your retirement years with an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)? Depending on your financial circumstances, a Traditional IRA or a Roth IRA may be the perfect way for you to invest in your future retirement. You may also be able to enjoy tax benefits from your contributions to a Traditional IRA. Below, you can learn more about IRAs and different accounts.

Want to learn more?

 We'd love to walk you through the steps of contributing to an IRA and talk about what type of account makes most sense for you.  To reach the OCCU IRA department, just send us a message or give us a call at  800.365.1111 and ask to speak to our IRA department.


Contact IRA Department

They’ve been so helpful over the years with figuring out...complicated banking things like inherited IRAs which nobody knows about because they’re so complicated and they’re kind of new.

Martha Bayless

Contribution Limit

Open a Traditional IRA with OCCU before April 17 to take advantage of tax benefits. You can contribute up to $6,500, depending on your age and taxable compensation for the year, for the 2017 tax year before Tax Day.

Age Traditional Roth
Less than 50 $5,500 $5,500
50* or older $6,500 $6,500


*Attains age 50 before the close of the year for which the contribution is made.




View all rates and fees associated with IRAs»



Retirement planning resources

Woman examining financial planning IRA portfolio

Multiply your money – reap the benefits of a Roth IRA

Roth IRAs allow you to save for retirement and reap the benefits of compounding interest while keeping the money you invest available for big expenses.

Silver haired woman with dog on bed

Understanding your retirement income replacement ratio

Although the term “retirement income replacement ratio” sounds formidable, it’s actually a simple, understandable concept that doesn’t require any fancy math.

Have questions?

Want to learn more about our IRAs? Let's connect!

*Note: The above information is not intended as tax advice. Please consult your tax professional for tax information.