Lender credit of $5,000
Loan amounts $647,201 - $999,999
Lender credit of $7,500
Loan amounts $1,000,000 - $1,499,999
Lender credit of $10,000
Loan amounts $1,500,000 - $2,000,000
Spend less on your down payment
While most lenders require 20% to 30% down, OCCU jumbo home loans require as little as 3% down*, giving you more flexibility in your budget. On a $650,000 loan, that means you could spend $110,500 less on your down payment than with other lenders.
While you shop for a home that will meet all your needs, it’s important to know that mortgage options differ based on the amount you’re looking to borrow.
There are criteria that apply only to jumbo loans, including:
- The loan amount must be more than $647,200.
- Eligible properties include primary and secondary residences, one-to-four-unit properties and condos.
- Single appraisal of the home.
- Borrowers must have a credit score of 680 or higher. ***
Conventional loans are the most common types of mortgages and either fall into one of two categories: conforming or nonconforming. The main difference between a jumbo loan — a type of nonconforming loan — and a conforming loan is the amount you’re borrowing.
Many conventional loan programs available through OCCU feature:
- Terms between 15 and 30 years.
- Fixed-rate options on home loans $647,200 or less.
- Programs with up to 97% loan-to-value ratio are available.
- Low closing cost programs.
* 3% down available on qualified one-unit, primary residence properties.** Annual percentage yields (APR) are calculated using the sample loan amounts listed below. Credit score of 680 or higher required. Jumbo loans based on the following terms: (1) loan amounts $647,201 - $999,999 have an APR 4.074% annual percentage rate (APR) and a lender credit of $5,000. (2) loan amounts $1,000,000 - $1,500,000 have an APR 4.196% APR and a lender credit of $7,500. (3) loan amounts $1,500,000 - $2,000,000 have an APR 4.320% APR and a lender credit of $10,000. Only eligible for primary and secondary homes that are 1-unit single family residences. Qualifying rate is current as of 3/7/2022 and subject to change at any time. Payment examples: (1) On a loan for $700,000 at 4.074% APR for 360 months, borrower would make 360 payments of $3,342 for principal and interest. (2) On a loan for $1,100,000 at 4.196% APR for 360 months, borrower would make 360 payments of $5,331 for principal and interest. (3) On a loan for $1,500,001 at 4.320% APR for 360 months, borrower would make 360 payments of $7,379 for principal and interest. Payment amount does not include taxes and insurance. Actual payment amount will be greater. Promotion may end at any time without notice.
*** 680 minimum credit score may increase to 720 based on the loan amount. Contact OCCU for more details.