You and OCCU
Your go-to hub for all things new at Oregon Community Credit Union.
We’re bringing everything you deserve.
Wish you had one spot to get all the latest OCCU updates? This is it!
You and OCCU is a brand-new hub we created for our members to have access to all our exciting announcements.
You’re an important part of our growth and vision. Join in and come along with us as we explore new paths, member experiences, services and more together.
Use the drop-down menus below to discover and learn more.
P.S. We recommend you bookmark this page and revisit it often for the latest updates!
OCCU snapshot: a quick take on what’s new
- You are a force for good. At OCCU, we’re people helping people. We accompany our members on their financial journeys with products, services and insights to help them thrive, and we work to improve and enrich the lives of our community at large. But we can’t do any of it without you. When you choose OCCU to invest in yourself, you’re investing in others as well. Your membership creates momentum that leads to a brighter future, for you and your community. Discover how.
- Play ball! We’ve teamed up with the Eugene Emeralds to bring you OCCU Fridays at PK Park. OCCU members get BOGO tickets for every Friday home game just by showing their OCCU debit card at the box office or purchasing tickets online using the code OCCUFridays22. The offer lasts all season, so you have plenty of chances to cheer on the Ems and give Sluggo a high-five. Sounds like a home run to us!
- Got questions? As an OCCU member, you have access to a wide variety of products and services to fit your life and help you thrive. But with so many benefits come just as many questions. Check out our FAQ and find the answers you’re looking for.
- Junction City, we're open! OCCU is growing, and we put down roots in Junction City. Our new branch, located at 94606 Highway 99W, near the Grocery Outlet and Starbucks, is open. Our Junction City team can’t wait to meet you there.
Effective March 12, 2022: OCCU members and employees are not required to wear face coverings but may choose to do so. Social distancing, plexiglass shields and enhanced cleaning protocols will remain in place until further guidance from the CDC is received and reviewed.
OCCU continues to offer many contactless banking options: MyOCCU Online & Mobile, ATMs, using drive-ups at our branches, or calling our member contact center.
Note: Members who choose to wear a face covering may be asked to lower their face covering for identification.
An important update for members visiting the Mohawk branch.
On May 12, 2022, waterline work begins on Marcola Road and is expected to last five weeks. Though there may be lane closures or traffic delays, the Mohawk branch will remain open.
Members interested in avoiding the construction can also consider visiting the OCCU ATM kiosk in Thurston. Our video tellers can help with many of the same services as those you’ll find in-branch.
For more information contact the Springfield Utility Board Water Service Center.
Right now, we’re offering a limited 1.00% annual percentage yield* with our 13-month certificate of deposit (CD) special. Set aside savings for your future today. Start saving.
*Promotion is for a 13-month CD with an APY of 1.00% or a 27-month CD with an APY of 1.20% . Annual percentage yield (APY) accurate as of 2/14/2022. Minimum balance of $500 to open certificate and obtain APY. Fees may reduce earnings. Early withdrawal penalty may apply. Federally insured by NCUA. Offer may end at any time, contact OCCU for more details. Promotion available by phone or in-branch only.
Shred Fest 2022 and the availability of shred bins in OCCU branches is taking place on June 4, 2022! We look forward to seeing you there.
Visit here to get the event details.
It’s perfectly natural to be concerned about your financial security. Even in times of prosperity, you should be mindful of potential issues with your savings and investments. And as news swirls about a potential government shutdown, it’s OK to worry.
But there’s no need to stress.
Remember: This isn’t the first time the country has faced a roadblock like this. And banking systems have evolved considerably since the Great Depression, or even 1987’s Black Monday. “There wasn’t the huge, centralized banking system we have now,” says Heather Metcalf AWMA® , OCCU financial advisor. “There are a lot of rules in place to prevent that from happening again.”
It’s also important to keep in mind that when your money is deposited into a checking or savings account, it’s insured. Your OCCU accounts — all credit union accounts, in fact — are insured by the NCUA up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. If it’s in an OCCU account, it’s safe with us.
If you’re concerned about how a shutdown might affect your financial well-being, let us help. No matter where you are on your financial journey, our team of advisors can help you get on track, stay the course, or reroute. Let’s talk.
“There will always be movements in the market,” Metcalf said. “And you can’t have a rainbow without rain.” As an OCCU member, you have a partner with a vested interest in your financial success. When you bank with us, we have your back, rain or shine.
*Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Financial Advice & Investment Advisory Services offered through PFG Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). PFG Advisors, OCCU Investment Services, Oregon Community Credit Union and Securities America, Inc. are separate entities. Securities America and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice; therefore it is important to coordinate with your tax or legal advisor regarding your specific situation.
Free and simple tools are available for research firms and financial professionals at INVESTOR.GOV/CRS, which also provides educational materials about broker-dealers, investment advisors, and investing.
Not NCUA Insured • No Credit Union Guarantee • May Lose Value
This site is published for residents of the United States and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or product that may be referenced herein. Persons mentioned on this website may only offer services and transact business and/or respond to inquiries in states or jurisdictions in which they have been properly registered or are exempt from registration. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state, jurisdiction or from every person listed.
Member FINRA/SIPC . FINRA registered branch office location: 2890 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97405
OCCU is growing, and we recently put down roots in Junction City. The branch is open and we can’t wait to meet you there!
You can also visit us at our other newest branch locations:
- Keizer branch.
- Salem branch.
- Wilsonville branch.
Visit our locations page here for more details.
The next phase of improvements to your cardholder experience is coming soon. This next round will merge card management into MyOCCU Online & Mobile, which means you’ll be able to access all your OCCU accounts, including your credit card, in one location.
The changes are coming in June, but there are some things you need to know ahead of time.
- Your new card will arrive in early June. Keep it someplace safe until it’s time to activate it.
- We’ll send you notifications — via email and mail — to let you know the activation date and other important details about your OCCU credit card.
- Pay close attention to those notifications. Your current card will stop working on the activation date.
- When it’s time to activate your new card, call the phone number on the slip that was included with it. You’ll confirm some personal information to complete the process.
- If you’re not using MyOCCU Online & Mobile already, now’s a great time to enroll.
You can get more information on the upgrade here. And keep an eye out for notifications in your mailbox and inbox for the latest info about your new credit card.
We’re rolling out new automated teller machines (ATMs), video teller service and upgraded interactive teller machine (ITM) technology!
ATMs: Our new machines offer all the ease and convenience of automated banking, but with a more human touch. Your visits will be more member-centered with updated self-service and security enhancements.
ITM technology: We’re introducing a new member experience! Now available is upgraded technology for select ATMs. ITM technology allows you to connect with our team by video. This new member experience is secure and expands the service options available to you. Get ready for a convenient way to complete in-branch transactions — without leaving your car!
The new video teller experience is now available at these locations:
2755 Commercial St SE
Salem, OR 97302
Thurston ATM Kiosk
Northwest corner of 58th and Main streets,
Springfield, OR 97478
1981 Mohawk Boulevard
Springfield, OR 97477
Coburg Road branch
2525 Coburg Road
Eugene, OR 97408
South Eugene branch
2890 Willamette Street
Eugene, OR 97405
488 E. 11th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
Campus Service Center (located at The Duck Store)
895 East 13th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
The new video teller experience is coming soon to this location:
Junction City branch
94606 Highway 99W
Junction City, OR 97448
4770 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402